Best Cold Air Intake for the Explorer Sport?
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Best Cold Air Intake for the Explorer Sport?

What do you think the best cold air intake kit is for the Explorer Sport?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    air raid for sure,I have used their CAI kits on many other vehicles as well and have nothing but good things to say about their kits.

Member #
    I Hear JlT Has A Kit For ThE Sport!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    A piece of cardboard between the intake and radiator. There is an air gap that allows crossflow from the radiator.

Remove intake shroud. It is restrictive and doesn't need to be there.

Drill holes in the lower filter box that line up with the front headlight hole. You can also put holes in the metal there for better airflow.

The airbox is right above the front wheelwell so you could open up a hole there for airflow and glue some fine stainless steel mesh to the bottom of the box.

There is also a piece of the upper right airflow diverter that can be removed, allowing some extra intake from the main grille.

Member #
    K&N has a cold air intake kit designed expressly for the Explorer Sport (K&N 69-3531TS.) I bought mine through Advance Auto Parts on line and got a 20% discount ($220 delivered after tax and free shipping.) It took about an hour to install and fit and finish is excellent! Does it meet it's HP claims? I don't know but I can hear the difference when I put my foot into it, it is definitely gulping more air.

I know that there are those that poo poo the K&N products but I have never had an issue with them and I have gotten a mileage increase with past installs, and it looks good too!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've been thinking about this mod too. How does it impact noise?
    My goal is an throaty boost in sound while wide open, but relatively quiet during normal operation.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Gaines View Post
    I've been thinking about this mod too. How does it impact noise?
    My goal is an throaty boost in sound while wide open, but relatively quiet during normal operation.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Because the Explorer is so darn quiet to begin with, the extra sound from the new CAI is not very loud. You will notice it but others may not.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    All so cold Cold air intakes for Explorer lose power in every day driving because they take in hot air from under the hood. Even with heat shield, there is planty of gaps to suck in hot air. They only make power with open hood on a dyno.

There are multiple tests on SHO forum where people ran slower 1/4 with CAI vs OEM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grndzro View Post
    A piece of cardboard between the intake and radiator. There is an air gap that allows crossflow from the radiator.

Remove intake shroud. It is restrictive and doesn't need to be there.

Drill holes in the lower filter box that line up with the front headlight hole. You can also put holes in the metal there for better airflow.

The airbox is right above the front wheelwell so you could open up a hole there for airflow and glue some fine stainless steel mesh to the bottom of the box.

There is also a piece of the upper right airflow diverter that can be removed, allowing some extra intake from the main grille.
    There is no airflow from radiator to OEM intake opening when moving forward.
    Removing intake snorkle will cause charge air teparature to go up and decrease power.

If you drill a hole on the side of stock air box, you need to rout a hose from the hole down into fender - to make sure air is not being sucked from engine bay.

Intake restriction has minimal efect on Power in turbo cars. Air temparature has big efect...as it affects timing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

2013 explorer sport cai

2013 explorer sport cold air intake

2015 ford explorer cold air kit
air intake for ford explorer sport

best air intake for 2013 ford explorer sport

best cold air intake for 2014 explorer sport

best cold air intake for 2014 ford explorer sport

borla exhaust

cold air kit 2015 explorer spory

explorer sport 2013 best cai
Click on a term to search for related topics.