Livernois Tune - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Livernois Tune

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I'm right with you. I've got the same setup. Done a couple runs tonight and WOW! I had the biggest smile on my face. Now I wonder if I should be concerned about the drivetrain. Tires squawk when shifting. I know it will soften as it learns, but I wonder what the transmission can handle. I got 75k on my 2016, and I'd like to get a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieN70 View Post
    Well I went and pulled the trigger on a Livernois Tuner and 3 Bar MAP and all I can say is WOW!

After a hic cup , my fault I downloaded the wrong tuner software from their site but after speaking with Anthony (a really GREAT GUY I might add) we got the correct software downloaded and updated my tuner with the correct tunes for my vehicle.

Installation , with their new touchscreen tuner, was almost too easy. I have tunes for 93 octane, 91 octane and towing.
    Loading my stock tune into the tuner too about 15 minutes but uploading the new tune took less than 2 minutes. 3 bar MAP installation was as simple as could be, the instructions were spot on. And then it was test drive time.

Let me say that my other ride is a 2017 Mustang GT and it is scary fast; The 2017 Explorer Sport with Livernois tune and 3 Bar MAP is equally scary fast!!!

I will be happy to answer questions to the best of my ability if you so desire...
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Shifts softened after two days, I do miss the tire squeaks. One thing I did notice was with everything in normal mode (traction control etc.) when I get on it really hard the traction control light on the dash will light. With traction control off the vehicle will "squirm" if you don't pay attention. If this was a rear wheel drive only vehicle I do believe the back end would want to come around. Oh, and for those of you that haven't added this yet, remember the Explorer is basically a front wheel drive car so be sure to have a firm grip on the steering wheel when you "launch" because it will want to come out of your hand until the rear wheels kick in...
    barberryanlee likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Is there anyway to program more rear bias?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    barberryanlee likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    Is there anyway to program more rear bias?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Explorer Sport is biased to a 50/50 split from the factory with the front wheels getting the initial bite but the rears kick in almost immediately. Other 4/all wheel drive Explorers do not bias 50/50 from what I am told and read...

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Explorer Sport is biased to a 50/50 split from the factory with the front wheels getting the initial bite but the rears kick in almost immediately. Other 4/all wheel drive Explorers do not bias 50/50 from what I am told and read...
    No, ecoboost normal mode it mostly FWD, sand mode its 50/50. That is why front will slip with a tune and no traction control.

Yiu can see power distribution on the left side of speedometer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Chaplain likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoupe View Post
    No, ecoboost normal mode it mostly FWD, sand mode its 50/50. That is why front will slip with a tune and no traction control.

Yiu can see power distribution on the left side of speedometer.

I disagree, my E-Sport in Normal mode is not mostly front wheel drive. It's 50/50 with initial power going to front, but we're talking less than a second till the rear catches up. With 91 tune I get 4 wheel slip with traction off.

CoastieN70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barberryanlee View Post
    I disagree, my E-Sport in Normal mode is not mostly front wheel drive. It's 50/50 with initial power going to front, but we're talking less than a second till the rear catches up. With 91 tune I get 4 wheel slip with traction off.

There is no difference between sport model and regular explorer or Taurus when it comes to AWD system or the programming.

Normal mode rear kicks in when needed. Depending on you rate of acceleration rear kicks in different percentage. Going WOT, power might split 50/50, but anything less than WOT in normal mode, car sends most power to front.

It only looses traction in the front with a tune...rear is loaded with car weight shifting back while front lifts up and I bet it's only 1 tire.
    Mine loses traction around 4k rpms in 1st and again when shifts to 2nd. 93 octane tune.

Last edited by Gencoupe; 02-11-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    Chaplain likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoupe View Post
    There is no difference between sport model and regular explorer or Taurus when it comes to AWD system or the programming.

Normal mode rear kicks in when needed. Depending on you rate of acceleration rear kicks in different percentage. Going WOT, power might split 50/50, but anything less than WOT in normal mode, car sends most power to front.

It only looses traction in the front with a tune...rear is loaded with car weight shifting back while front lifts up and I bet it's only 1 tire.
    Mine loses traction around 4k rpms in 1st and again when shifts to 2nd. 93 octane tune.

Like I said, I disagree..

CoastieN70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barberryanlee View Post
    Like I said, I disagree..

I used to own Subaru outback 5spd that was actually 50/50 power distribution.
    The only time E-sport acts as if its 50/50 in the snow is when you have chosen any mode aside from regular.

Regular mode on the snow (winter tires) most power goes to front and car will not get sideways, front plows instead. Traction off.

I mess around in the snow almost on daily bases - this SUV is 100% FWD cruising and rear come in as need in regular mode.
    Ford Edge has much better power distribution (does not have modes) compared to E - sport with regular mode.

2020 explore has better drive system as it is RWD baced.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    What I was saying is that the Sport will go to 50/50 mode when you launch hard, with initial traction bias to front but the system almost immediately will split 50/50 with you foot to the floor. Normal acceleration is basically FWD...
    Gencoupe and barberryanlee like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

diablosport vs livernois tuner ford explorer sport
ford explorer sand mode livernois
livernois ford explorer
livernois ford explorer 87 octane tune
livernois ford explorer downpipe performance

livernois ford explorer economy tune

lms performance 91 3bar tune
Click on a term to search for related topics.