Livernois Tune
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Livernois Tune

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Livernois Tune

Well I went and pulled the trigger on a Livernois Tuner and 3 Bar MAP and all I can say is WOW!

After a hic cup , my fault I downloaded the wrong tuner software from their site but after speaking with Anthony (a really GREAT GUY I might add) we got the correct software downloaded and updated my tuner with the correct tunes for my vehicle.

Installation , with their new touchscreen tuner, was almost too easy. I have tunes for 93 octane, 91 octane and towing.
    Loading my stock tune into the tuner too about 15 minutes but uploading the new tune took less than 2 minutes. 3 bar MAP installation was as simple as could be, the instructions were spot on. And then it was test drive time.

Let me say that my other ride is a 2017 Mustang GT and it is scary fast; The 2017 Explorer Sport with Livernois tune and 3 Bar MAP is equally scary fast!!!

I will be happy to answer questions to the best of my ability if you so desire...
    Wahoo95 and barberryanlee like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Have you done other mods? Like exhaust, down pipe, thermostat, plugs ,other?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    No. The Tune and 3Bar Map provided such noticeable results I see no need to do any other mods at this time. When I say the results are dramatic it is almost an understatement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    Have you done other mods? Like exhaust, down pipe, thermostat, plugs ,other?

My apology for hi-jacking your thread Coastie...but I thought I would assist Chaplain since he was interested if you had more mods... if you search ECOHELL, you can see/read about her having one of LMS' performance package, which included downpipes, plugs, lowering springs, CAI and thermostat. I however chose not to install their full exhaust kit...and somewhat regret it as it could be a little louder. But to hear the turbo spooling up and the wastegates working is cool coming from a Sport. In addition, I installed the Pedal Commander..so with the tune and Pedal Commander...ECOHELL is a beast. If you are not familiar with the Pedal Commander, there are four settings, where two of them are Sport and Sport+. In each of the four settings there are a total of 8 sensitivity settings. So a total of 32 settings total. I have the setting on Sport and "-2" sensitive setting and she is abrupt. I tried it on Sport+ and it was downright nerve wracking where I thought I was going to fry the axles off the line.. yes an exaggeration, but higher settings cannot be healthy for ECOHELL.

Coastie... good luck on your tuned Sport.. and you know the old forum saying...without pictures it never happened..LOL!!
    CoastieN70 and barberryanlee like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ecohell View Post
    My apology for hi-jacking your thread Coastie...but I thought I would assist Chaplain since he was interested if you had more mods... if you search ECOHELL, you can see/read about her having one of LMS' performance package, which included downpipes, plugs, lowering springs, CAI and thermostat. I however chose not to install their full exhaust kit...and somewhat regret it as it could be a little louder. But to hear the turbo spooling up and the wastegates working is cool coming from a Sport. In addition, I installed the Pedal Commander..so with the tune and Pedal Commander...ECOHELL is a beast. If you are not familiar with the Pedal Commander, there are four settings, where two of them are Sport and Sport+. In each of the four settings there are a total of 8 sensitivity settings. So a total of 32 settings total. I have the setting on Sport and "-2" sensitive setting and she is abrupt. I tried it on Sport+ and it was downright nerve wracking where I thought I was going to fry the axles off the line.. yes an exaggeration, but higher settings cannot be healthy for ECOHELL.

Coastie... good luck on your tuned Sport.. and you know the old forum saying...without pictures it never happened..LOL!!
    Is there a setting marked "pass CA" smog?

Also, can one change any of the tune settings on the fly? Example: say your on a trip and want a eco tune for good mileage but when you make your destination you want to play a little

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The tuner can have multiple tunes...you have to discuss which tunes you want with LMS....and they will charge you accordingly. Mine came with 3 tunes, one for towing, one for 89 and the other 93. I am not sure about the "pass smog" setting.
    Chaplain likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ecohell View Post
    The tuner can have multiple tunes...you have to discuss which tunes you want with LMS....and they will charge you accordingly. Mine came with 3 tunes, one for towing, one for 89 and the other 93. I am not sure about the "pass smog" setting.
    How easy is it to change from one tune to the other? Also, do you have their touchscreen tuner?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I just ordered the new touch screen tuner plus 3 Bar MAP and thermostat and I can't wait to get it set up!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barberryanlee View Post
    I just ordered the new touch screen tuner plus 3 Bar MAP and thermostat and I can't wait to get it set up!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Looking forward to your report on the touchscreen tuner. Post pics of it too, their sight doesnt have much info/pics on it.

barberryanlee likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    How easy is it to change from one tune to the other? Also, do you have their touchscreen tuner?

I just switched from the 93 Octane 3 bar tune to the 91 Octane 3 bar tune ( I will be traveling to an area where 93 Octane is unavailable but 91 Octane is) and it took approximately 2 minutes max.

BTW the difference between the 2 tunes is barely noticeable, I may just leave the 91 Octane tune in place when I return from my trip...
    Chaplain likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

diablosport vs livernois tuner ford explorer sport
ford explorer sand mode livernois

ford explorer sport tune forum

livernois ford explorer
livernois ford explorer 87 octane tune
livernois ford explorer downpipe performance

livernois ford explorer economy tune

lms performance 91 3bar tune
Click on a term to search for related topics.