Does sync expire? Ford Help cant understand her
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Does sync expire? Ford Help cant understand her

Member #

Does sync expire? Ford Help cant understand her

Called FORD 800 # for help on my 2016 Limited, I am registered with SYNC but I told her I could not get a vehicle report she said it was expired and will no longer work??? is that correct
    2016 Explorer Limited

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamm r View Post
    Called FORD 800 # for help on my 2016 Limited, I am registered with SYNC but I told her I could not get a vehicle report she said it was expired and will no longer work??? is that correct
    I have Sync on a Shelby Mustang. The Vehicle Health report does not work any more because that Sync version is no longer supported. The current version is Sync 3.
    What version do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Not sure I will look and see next time in it
    2016 Explorer Limited

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Do you have the FordPass app on your phone. This app syncs with version 3 enabled vehicles, but will have limited information on previous versions. My 2018 Explorer with Sync 3 is fully functional on the application. My 2012 Shelby with Sync has limited functionality on the same app.

Member #
    Think mine is Sync Touch
    2016 Explorer Limited

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! I have a 2014 limited, and I was unaware that sync could expire. Apparently the navigation expired, which doesn't allow me to see any new roads added since then. I'm not having any problems with my navigation for now and there aren't any major new roads in my area for now. Will I eventually lose the use of the navigation system if I don't renew it periodically? Also what are the ramifications of an expired sync system (I haven't had any messages from sync that it indeed has expired though)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbert31 View Post
    Hi! I have a 2014 limited, and I was unaware that sync could expire. Apparently the navigation expired, which doesn't allow me to see any new roads added since then. I'm not having any problems with my navigation for now and there aren't any major new roads in my area for now. Will I eventually lose the use of the navigation system if I don't renew it periodically? Also what are the ramifications of an expired sync system (I haven't had any messages from sync that it indeed has expired though)

Your system should work similar to my 2012 Shelby Mustang. The navigation should work at all times regardless of sync capabilities. The maps are updatable by a third party company, which I do every two to three years. The update costs around $150.00. I can look up the name, if you need.

The sync expiration refers mostly to the vehicle health reports as Sync 3 is the current version. Previous versions are not compatible.

I have a 2018 Explorer Platinum with Sync 3. The FordPass application shows my Explorer and Mustang on the application, however the Sync 3 enabled vehicle has more capabilities.

Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    So Can I do with my 2016 sync 3 look at my car stuff from phone and start it from phone instead of FOP?
    2016 Explorer Limited

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamm r View Post
    So Can I do with my 2016 sync 3 look at my car stuff from phone and start it from phone instead of FOP?
    Sync 3 should allow you to that. I can start my car from the phone or ipad and I can see the vehicle essentials like tire pressure, fuel level, oil life, miles to empty, scheduled starting, credit payments at Ford Credit, etc. Keep in mind, I use the FordPass app.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for your answer ... Could you provide the name of the third party company (website if you have it) that offers update for the Ford navigation program for$150. That's more reasonable than Ford's was. Thanks @Ohio Snake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

does ford sync expire

does sync 3 expire

Click on a term to search for related topics.