2018 Homelink issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy78 View Post
    Update:
    Had the visor/homelink buttons replaced last week. Still does not work. [B][U] Have probably tried to program 5 X's since and have been up and down ladder to press the "learn" button on the opener another 5X's. I live close to the dealer, so I'm not giving up. Ridiculous!
    I have an update from my post #4. My garage door was a Genie system until two weeks ago. I’ve had 3 Homelink cars and one Car2You system. The Car2You system worked on Genie however, Car2You no longer exists. The other Homelink cars (a Ford, a Chevy and a BMW) never worked because two issues with Genie.....The Genie system only retains so many codes over the years and there’s a history of the computer-boards going bad...not allowing you to reset or clear the codes.
    I decided to replace the Genie garage door openers ( 1 was 15 years old and the other was 7 years old). Out went the old and in went the new Linear brand. Guess what....the Homelink work works great with an app and much quieter system. I had to resort to a remote on the car with Car2You system, but Im checking into a possible conversion to Homelink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    [QUOTE=Randy78;6477]Update:
    Had the visor/homelink buttons replaced last week. Still does not work. [B][U] Have probably tried to program 5 X's since and have been up and down ladder to press the "learn" button on the opener another 5X's. I live close to the dealer, so I'm not giving up. Ridiculous!

2nd update: I'm scheduled for a 2nd visit tomorrow. In one last ditch effort yesterday, I tried programming the Homelink button one last time. Guess what? It worked (for now). I'm not even sure what I did differently, if anything, to pull this off. Anyway, I have a secondary issue to be taken care of, so I'll discuss this Homelink thing with them again. They've been very cooperative, but I'm not sure they know anymore than I do when it comes to Homelink settings. Thanks to all of you that have responded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

18 explorer homelink
2018 explorer homelink to genie
2018 ford explorer homelink problems
2018 ford explorer programming home link
ford explorer 2018 homelink problems
ford explorer homelink programming

ford homelink programming problems

genie 2024 programming homelink in 2018 ford explorer
homelink service bulletin 2018 explorer
program 2018 ford explorer homelink
Click on a term to search for related topics.