Locking up a new Explorer with fob insde
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Locking up a new Explorer with fob insde

Member #

Locking up a new Explorer with fob insde

Can I still lock a key inside a 2018 Explorer so I can leave it for family members to use the keypad to enter? Does the new key fob eleminate this awesome feature by unlocking the doors when in proximity?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I have not used that feature yet, but my understanding is yes. You can store keys in the vehicle, but you must lock and unlock with the keyless entry option.

I have a console vault in the vehicle to secure the keys and other valuables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    When you say “keyless entry do you mean the keypad? I understand if the fob is near the vehicle it unlocks automatically. If this is the case how do you lock a key fob inside without the door unlocking?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmaniac View Post
    Can I still lock a key inside a 2018 Explorer so I can leave it for family members to use the keypad to enter? Does the new key fob eleminate this awesome feature by unlocking the doors when in proximity?
    I can still lock a key inside my 2014 explorer for my family to use keypad on door to get in and access key. I don't know about more recent models tho. I love that keypad. I bought my second Ford because I loved that on my 2003 expedition.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmaniac View Post
    When you say “keyless entry do you mean the keypad? I understand if the fob is near the vehicle it unlocks automatically. If this is the case how do you lock a key fob inside without the door unlocking?
    Keyless entry is the keypad. You must use it to lock your keys in the vehicle. Iu can unlock using the same keypad.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbert31 View Post
    I can still lock a key inside my 2014 explorer for my family to use keypad on door to get in and access key. I don't know about more recent models tho. I love that keypad. I bought my second Ford because I loved that on my 2003 expedition.

I have an 2018 and it should work as well.

Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I found out that in my 2017 I can leave a keyfob inside, provided that it's a) wrapped in multiple aluminum foils, and b) in the glove box, not in the center console. This way it's "masked" and it's not messing up.
    I got myself a third keyfob just for that...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a 2014 explorer and leave my keys in car quite often, inside the center console on the front side there is a little pocket for your key fob. Thus eliminating having to wrap your fob.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a 2014 explorer. There is a little pocket in the center console which will hold your key fob. Still have to lock door using key pad.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a 2014 Explorer Limited with leather seats and, for the second time, I have a tear in the leather on the outer edge of the driver's seat about 3" from where the seat back starts. The first time it was Warranty work at about 35,000 miles. Now at 52,000 it's beginning to tear again. The seat was totally replaced the first time. It's in the exact same place as last time. I'm the only one who drives it, I baby it and clean it properly, I don't put anything that could tear it in my rear pockets and I'm only 125 lbs, so it's not from excessive wear. Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions other than just paying $2500 to have it done again? I don't want to put tape on the area. The rest of the vehicle is mint condition.

Last edited by Redbert31; 04-15-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast