FORD 2015 EXPLORER TPMS Gauge display at front instrument panel
    Member #

Question FORD 2015 EXPLORER TPMS Gauge display at front instrument panel

Hi Ford experts,
    Each tire wheel has own pressure sensor that transmits each tire pressure value to PCM (Powertrain Control Module).
    By relearning procedure, the threshold of tire pressure is memorized in PCM that uses it for low pressure warning.

1) Is there any way that the Front Instrument Cluster (Type 2: Center Speedometer, left & right Information panel) displays 4 wheel's tire pressure value in PSi ?
    * Image Link of my car: https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...electedIndex=0

* I wish to know any way to adjust PCM's software parameter code setup via OBD2
    * Image Link of OBD2: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ule-png.97426/

2) If Instrument Cluster could not display 4 wheel's tire pressure, is there any way that the external device could pick the data that originates from tire wheel sensor, then display it?
    * My Ford Explorer is 2015 year type, produced in 2014.

There are many types of TPMS gauge devices on sale that uses tire cap type with Bluetooth or Wifi.
    Tire cap type sensor has probe needle stays at the tire cap that could leak air by any physical impact.
    So, I want to use genuine pressure sensor attached at wheel frame to extract tire pressure value, then show it to external device that reads it through stealing the sensor's wireless communication with PCM.

It is so unbelievable why such device is not developed yet or if you know it, please share it with me.

Your assistive information to this issue will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve_Quan; 09-20-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I can only base answers off of what I see for TPMS on a 2012 Shelby Mustang (similar system) and my 2018 Platinum Explorer ( more Advanced).

1.) The pressure sensor should be in the valve stem and operates on a certain frequency that your vehicle reads when sync’d. The system only reads when pressure is low (under 25 lbs) and what tire on the mustang. I know of no other way to upgrade that in the OBD.

The Ford Sync system (III) does have individual tire pressure monitoring to monitor externally. This can be displayed in the FordPass application.I don’t think previous Sync systems do that except may be on vehicle health report. The Mustang and Explorer does show up on FordPass.

2.) Im not aware of an external system that can operate on the same frequency of TPMS communicating with the vehicle AND the external device.

Member #
    I appreciate your help of sharing your valuable experiences in Ford Explorer and Shelby Mustang.
    I will install FordPass and look for it.
    Actually Ford Explorer 2016 and after has built-in coding of individual display of tire pressure display in PSi on Front Instrument Panel.
    So, to display each tire air pressures is just easy to change display options at Front Instrument Panel.
    It seems that the TPMS receiver needs antenna at bottom of power train, that is why there is no external device that could read the weak signal from the TPMS sensor attached at each wheel frame.
    Then, another solution is to use OBD connector and display of tire pressure at the device.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    I found solution, the device I was looking for!

https://www.amazon.com/HUF-North-Ame...3&sr=8-1-fkmr0

I hope any person see my thread, pls try this one and save your time!
    It took 3 days to me to find this device.
    This device could read almost of all types of TPMS sensor and decode it, then show it on own LED display.
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve_Quan; 09-23-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    That is a system function I had in mind and glad to see they exist.
    You are correct that my ‘18 does display individual tire pressure on the FordPass app and dash.

The Shelby is similar to your explorer version indicating only low pressure. Too bad there is not a bluetooth version to connect to an app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk