2017 Explorer Limited heated and cooled seats not working.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jakuzi1
  • 1 Post By gjkrisa
  • 1 Post By Jakuzi1

Thread: 2017 Explorer Limited heated and cooled seats not working.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Exclamation 2017 Explorer Limited heated and cooled seats not working.

Hi all, I was searching the internet for an affordable solution to my problem. I came upon a post on this forum that was similar but not the same. Now that I'm registered I can't find the post. Anyway my wife's 2017 limited heated and cooled front seats stopped working at the same time. I checked what I could but no luck. There was a recall so I took it in and asked them to look at it. They told me it was the control module had an internal short and the fix would be $600+. That's a bit high if all it needs is a control module replaced. Does anyone know what module they are talking about and where it might be located. I purchased one online but that ended up being for the rear heated seats located under the passenger side rear seat and did nothing for the front. I have read some things saying there is a module under the front passenger seat but mine has nothing there. I removed the seat only to find a the plug for the power seat controls and a little blower. There is a module under the driver seat. Is that the same? Is that the controller everyone is talking about. The online documentation on these vehicles is next to nothing. Any help would be appreciated or at least can someone point me to the other similar thread if it still exists that is so I can ask that member these questions. Thanks in advance.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes I guess in 16 they moved it to the driver side if you can find the burnt wire that is the module

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Update: I took gjkrisa's advise and bought a new memory module even though I didn't see any thing wrong with mine on the surface. Well, it did not work. That was not the problem with my car. So I went back and found the original post I was looking for from Scooter2016limited4WD where he suggests the fuse box in the engine compartment and bingo that was my problem also! I could clearly see the burnt pin and the melted connector. The bad part is after spending 45 min at the dealer looking through parts diagrams it seems neither the fuse section nor the plug is available by themselves. They are only offered as an $800+ group that includes the whole harness. So now I have a brand new memory module and a brand new rear heated seat control module that I have no use for. If anyone is interested in them message me I'll provide you with pics and part #'s. Anyway if anyone knows where I might get the fuse box module let me know.Name:  IMG_20200224_153136.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  3.37 MBName:  IMG_20200224_153133.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  3.52 MBName:  IMG_20200224_154032.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  68.8 KBName:  IMG_20200224_153157.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  3.47 MBName:  IMG_20200224_153205.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  85.4 KB
    simington2 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the post. I have been trying to chase this problem down since my seats stopped heating and cooling at 37k miles and my selling dealer had no interest in helping me for less than $1500. My symptoms were the same and you post lead me right to the problem. Thanks Again.

Search tags for this page

2017 ford explorer cooled seats not working

ford explorer 2017 fuse box

ford explorer seat coolers not working
jeated seat not working on 2017 ford explorer
Click on a term to search for related topics.