2019 Explorer DEAD Battery now Tranny
    Member #

2019 Explorer DEAD Battery now Tranny

Ok, we have a 2019 Explorer XLT that the battery went dead on after setting for aprox 5 weeks without being used. After getting it restarted by jumping and running the unit for about 40 miles over 2 days, the CEL light is On and also the Wrench light showing a PowerTrain problem. The Wrench light showing a PowerTrain problem says in manual. The manual then tells you to contact service dept. What a ******* answer after telling you to see manual. What is the correct procedure without taking it to a dealer (being they are closed here in Pennsylvania) Thanks to our Governor. Is it just better to keep driving it, will it Relearn it's Program ? The tranny appears to Not Downshift properly and clunking when moving from a stopped position, also the Sport shift mode doesn't want to change gears when trying to downshift. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I'd put a new battery in it and try again. I know my Focus ST does some really strange stuff when a battery is starting to let go. I don't know if the Explorer platform is the same or not.