What's the best replacement brake pads
    Member #

New to Ford, new to this forum. My 2016 Explorer XLT has 57,000 miles on it and I'm getting ready to replace the original pads. I have noticed some threads on here from back in the 2006 time frame. Just wondering if anyone has any newer advice on what brand you all are using. I'm a fan of drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. I've had excellent wear and performance with my other vehicles with that setup.

Thanks for any input...

B

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by bear52 View Post
    New to Ford, new to this forum. My 2016 Explorer XLT has 57,000 miles on it and I'm getting ready to replace the original pads. I have noticed some threads on here from back in the 2006 time frame. Just wondering if anyone has any newer advice on what brand you all are using. I'm a fan of drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. I've had excellent wear and performance with my other vehicles with that setup.

Thanks for any input...

B
    For your explorer, OEM is perfectly fine as long as your not autocross racing. Cross drilled and slotted rotors would be over kill, but would look cool. I would consider these in order:
    1. OEM pads and rotors
    2. Powerslot rotors and pads as an upgrade...solid rotor. Hawke pads as an option. Check if available for Explorer.
    3. Change Calipers, Rotors and pads....Wilwood Ultralite calipers,2 piece rotors and matching pads. I have this on a Shelby Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk