2016 explorer how to diable headlights from coming on when you open the door
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andykeller
  • 1 Post By elyk864

Thread: 2016 explorer how to diable headlights from coming on when you open the door

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

2016 explorer how to diable headlights from coming on when you open the door

I've searched all over trying to solve an issue with my 2016 explorer. I don't want my headlights to come on when I open the door with the engine off (parked). I assume this is an issue with this model. I am ready to possibly add some kill switch if necessary. Any ideas or solutions?!
    Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Is it just the running lights for safety or is it the actual headlights?
    Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andykeller View Post
    I've searched all over trying to solve an issue with my 2016 explorer. I don't want my headlights to come on when I open the door with the engine off (parked). I assume this is an issue with this model. I am ready to possibly add some kill switch if necessary. Any ideas or solutions?!
    @Andykeller That doesn't happen with my 2014 limited. The parking lights and the sideview mirror lights come on for a short time (maybe a minute) and go out once I lock the car with my fob. Have you asked the dealer if this is what's supposed to happen? There are a lot of little things you can program on and off in my Explorer and most of them I ignore or turn off unless they make my driving experience better. They're all in my owners manual and from time to time I experiment with them. If I notice anything with the headlights coming on with the engine off once you open the door, I'll let you know if I find an easy hack to shut it down.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk