No fuel pressure? Need help
    Member #

No fuel pressure? Need help

So I am in the middle of a frame swap for a 1948 ford F1. I wanted a good strong drive train for the truck so I went with a 1998 Explorer xlt rwd 5.0 v8. I drove the explorer home 2 weeks ago and started the process of removing the body for the build. yesterday I removed the complete electrical harness from the body and re-connected it so I can start the engine periodically to keep it running during the build. Now it will not start. the engine turns over but I have no fuel pressure. I jumped the relay and still no fuel pressure. changed the fuel filter and fuel pump, checked the fuel cutoff switch that would be in the passenger floor area (as suggested in another thread), everything seems correct but no power to the fuel pump from what I can tell. fuse is good, changed relay just incase, Any ideas? Any other sensors that would stop it from getting power to the fuel pump? the engine will start with starting fluid. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthnm201 View Post
    So I am in the middle of a frame swap for a 1948 ford F1. I wanted a good strong drive train for the truck so I went with a 1998 Explorer xlt rwd 5.0 v8. I drove the explorer home 2 weeks ago and started the process of removing the body for the build. yesterday I removed the complete electrical harness from the body and re-connected it so I can start the engine periodically to keep it running during the build. Now it will not start. the engine turns over but I have no fuel pressure. I jumped the relay and still no fuel pressure. changed the fuel filter and fuel pump, checked the fuel cutoff switch that would be in the passenger floor area (as suggested in another thread), everything seems correct but no power to the fuel pump from what I can tell. fuse is good, changed relay just incase, Any ideas? Any other sensors that would stop it from getting power to the fuel pump? the engine will start with starting fluid. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I have a good strong drive train Available ,let me know if you're still looking
    [email protected]

Sent from my Infinix X606D using Tapatalk