Introducing EcoHell
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ecohell

Thread: Introducing EcoHell

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Introducing EcoHell

Hello everyone. My name is Bill and I live on Long Island, NY. I picked up my new daily on July 6th, named EcoHell. She is a 2018 Explorer Sport, with the 401a package in White Platinum.

My first two mods were Weathertech floor mats and window deflectors. I purchased aftermarket wheels, tires and Livernois Motorsports Level 2 tuning package. Now if you are wondering about the name of my daily, wellll, there is a family of vehicles having "Hell" in their name.

Say hello to MonSoonHell:

And my retirement gift to myself is BloodyHell:

MonSoonHell was a 2012 Audi S4, Prestige, 6spd Manual and highly modified. I sold her in June. BloodyHell is a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo, 6spd Manual and highly modified.

I am pretty much done with EcoHell, as far as mods. I did purchase another mod which I did not mention..but will when I take pictures of it. I am falling more and more in love with her every time I drive her.

Thanks in advance for looking. Pictures of the Livernois Motorsports products and new wheels and tires below..
    Last edited by ecohell; 08-29-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I installed the Livernois Motorsports products a couple of weeks ago. Even had her dyno'ed before the parts were installed.

Haven't dyno'ed her after the tune, so stand by for that. I was debating on installing their CAI after reading many threads on CAI's on the Sport. But went ahead and installed it.

The pictures will do the talking....

AFter the install:

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Now onto the new wheels. I am a fan of the OEM wheels, just wish they were wider. I chose the Niche Vosso wheels (new for 2018). They look OEM, just better. Specs are 20x10.5, offset 40. Tires are Hankook's 295/45/20s.

The difference an inch and half can make. OEM of course on the right...

EcoHell now looks like this from the rear:

Sick stance being lowered and fatter.

Stay tuned for another mod that was installed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Love it. Great start! How is the handling with the lowering springs, new wheels and tires? Wonder how the OEM mud flaps might enhance the look. Did you need wheel spacers and if so, where did you source them, and what sizes? I bought (3 weeks ago) almost the same vehicle as you except burgandy velvet and prefer the split bench in 2nd row. Also going Livermois package so quite interested in seeing your results.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The ride with the lowering springs, wider wheels and tires are not compromising at all. You can feel the difference in grip. What I am not used to yet, is the size of the Sport with the tune around corners or coming up to a turn (exits mostly). Coming from a modified Audi S4 and Porsche Turbo...it is clearly me and not the vehicle. The tune is impressive and will make you think the Sport is capable of handling better than it was built for...and having installed the Pedal Commander, it just makes the Sport ridiculous.

I am not a fan of the mud flaps, so none for EcoHell. And no on the wheels spacers. Offset of +40 IMO is perfect, however, to match the front, the rears could be +35. And good luck on your new purchase and I definitely recommend LMS on your go fast parts. Make sure you read my thread on their springs (rear camber bolts) and connector with their ATS on their CAI kit.
    Grok likes this.

Member #
    Ecohell looks great. I also recall seeing your s4 on audizine when I still had my s4.

Would be interested in seeing more pics and a video of the livernois exhaust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Subscribed. I will be doing most of the same mods on my newly acquired 2017 sport (found one w/only 10k on it). Mine will be more rally inspired vs road racing inspired. I really like your direction but mine NEEDS to be fire road capable.

Any insite on tire/wheel sizes would be well received. I'm probably going to go to a 18" method rally wheel and 265/60 or 285/60 all the way around.

Nice build. Keep posting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    Subscribed. I will be doing most of the same mods on my newly acquired 2017 sport (found one w/only 10k on it). Mine will be more rally inspired vs road racing inspired. I really like your direction but mine NEEDS to be fire road capable.

Any insite on tire/wheel sizes would be well received. I'm probably going to go to a 18" method rally wheel and 265/60 or 285/60 all the way around.

Nice build. Keep posting.
    Hey Chaplain.. Ahh...I may not be able to assist your modifications regarding suspension modifications or wheel selections based on the direction you wish to go. For the go fast parts, all I can say about the LMS performance package I purchased is I do not regret my purchase. Quality products, tune, and a company that has a great reputation. I can vouch for their customer service as well.

I will be positing more content after I take care of some family business in Florida.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    UPDATE: I had a slight vibration coming from the pax front wheel while turning left under acceleration. Given my modifications, I did not want to put her back to stock to bring her back to the dealership. Keep in mind I just flipped 10k. So I am thinking it cannot be anything major.. The OEM axle is $168.xx. So I was thinking it had to be the axle. After removing the axle, there was no wear or tear inside or outside of the original axle..so it did not look like it was the axle that was causing the vibration. Soooo, for those of you thinking of installing the Pedal Commander or another product like it..be warned.. apparently it activates the ABS system causing a vibration when making a left turn. It is not a major vibration, but I could feel it in my seat and right leg. Two techs couldn't feel what I was talking about, but one tech did..it is that light of a vibration. So I have a brand new OEM pax axle installed and a 10k axle for a spare. We found this out during the test drive after the install of the new axle.

Search tags for this page

ecohell

explorer builds

Click on a term to search for related topics.