My 95 Explorer xlt is running cold i think, not sure.
    Member #

My 95 Explorer xlt is running cold i think, not sure.

I have a 95 explorer with 160,000 miles and it runs fantastic, but i have read on many posts that the temp gauge should be in the middle. And mine is under that doesnt go up that high on the gauge. How can i tell for sure if its running cold? Thank you.

Member #
    OBD scanner. You can see exact temp. 190-200 is good. Middle of guage is about 192.

Sent from my LG-V35ThinQ using Tapatalk

Member #
    With the engine coolant temperature gauge if its within the normal band range but mine is on the lower side of the normal. I just wanted to know if this is ok? I dont know i wish there was a way to get an exact temp reading.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Do you have an Android or iOS device? A cheap Bluetooth OBD reader and an app like Torque.

BAFX Products - Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 / OBDII Diagnostic Car Scanner & Reader Tool for Android Devices - Read / Clear Your Check Engine Light & So Much More! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS..._yA0vDb8DYA2SH

Sent from my LG-V35ThinQ using Tapatalk

Member #
    No i dont have one of those not a big fan of technology lol. Thanks for all your help though.

Member #
    Have your thermostat checked. An older car/truck sometimes has the thermo get clogged and won't read temp correctly.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChow View Post
    I have a 95 explorer with 160,000 miles and it runs fantastic, but i have read on many posts that the temp gauge should be in the middle. And mine is under that doesnt go up that high on the gauge. How can i tell for sure if its running cold? Thank you.
    I use a simple coolant thermometer available at most auto parts stores for 5 bucks. You could need a new thermostat. Some people use a 170 degree thermostat in Summer.