2017 Explorer XLT transmission fluid replacement?
    Member #

2017 Explorer XLT transmission fluid replacement?

While in for my yearly inspection, service advisor recommended to do a transmission fluid change. Explorer only has 34000 miles on it where 90% of it was highway driving. Explorer runs fine with no shifting problems. I didn't have it done. What is the maintenance schedule for the fluid change? Should I be taking my car someplace else?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    While in for my yearly inspection, service advisor recommended to do a transmission fluid change. Explorer only has 34000 miles on it where 90% of it was highway driving. Explorer runs fine with no shifting problems. I didn't have it done. What is the maintenance schedule for the fluid change? Should I be taking my car someplace else?
    On this site they say every 150,000 miles.

https://www.richmondfordlincoln.com/...ichmond-va.htm

Member #
    I've always changed my transmission fluid every 50k with normal driving and 30k if towing or driving with it fully loaded. It's not going to hurt anything if you change it at 34k. Fluid changes are cheap insurance. The issue with the majority of automobile owners is they NEVER change it then complain that their transmission crapped out at 120k.