2016 Platinum MySync 3 - Random Entertainment Center Shut Down
Recently purchased a certified 2016 Expl Platinum. Love the vehicle but have experienced a couple of random entertainment system shut downs. Everything still functions on the Sync screen except entertainment. Hands free phone disconnects too though the phone remains connected.
Sync support walked me through one troubleshooting task but it didn't resolve the issue.
Frustrating because it's random and appears to self-resolve after shut down and restart after a few minutes - no rhyme or reason to that.
Taking into dealer to see if this is leaving any sort of diagnostic trail (I doubt but you never know).
Curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what resolution did they pursue?
1. Is Sync up to date.
2. How old is the battery? (my other car is a Focus ST and in that platform when the battery starts to go out, really odd electrical issues arise in all shapes and forms)
3. Are you plugging the phone in via USB cable?
Also check your battery connections. Had an issue with my 2015 Limited where my whole dash would randomly shut down then total system reboot in a few minutes. Turned out that the battery cables (there is a separate cable on the positive post) was loose.
1. I think so (vehicle was sold as a certified used) but I will check that at next service appointment.
2. Pretty sure the battery is original so will ask about that too.
3. Yes, via standard Apple charging cable.