• 1 Post By Quake
  • 1 Post By Quake
  • 2 Post By jtpyne01

Thread: 2019 Explorer Limited Edition roof antenna

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

2019 Explorer Limited Edition roof antenna

With the extended wire antenna from the GPS, what do you do with it when going through a auto-brush car wash? Seems to me that it may break during the wash.

Thanks!
    Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    With the extended wire antenna from the GPS, what do you do with it when going through a auto-brush car wash? Seems to me that it may break during the wash.

Thanks!
    I've got a 2014 limited Explorer and I've got an unlimited car wash program and take it thru the carwash about 6 times a month. I've been doing it this way about a year already and I haven't had any problems yet with the antenna. The carwash I use doesn't have any of those rolling brushes making contact with the car surface just water spraying all around the vehicle. It's working out fine with no problems. I always worry about the rear wiper at the carwashes that have those big brushes that go around. I had the rear wiper break off at one of those kinds of carwashes and began to use the current spray type carwash and I have had no further damage here. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbert31 View Post
    I've got a 2014 limited Explorer and I've got an unlimited car wash program and take it thru the carwash about 6 times a month. I've been doing it this way about a year already and I haven't had any problems yet with the antenna. The carwash I use doesn't have any of those rolling brushes making contact with the car surface just water spraying all around the vehicle. It's working out fine with no problems. I always worry about the rear wiper at the carwashes that have those big brushes that go around. I had the rear wiper break off at one of those kinds of carwashes and began to use the current spray type carwash and I have had no further damage here. Good luck!

Thanks for your response. I fully undertsand and agree with your advice. I felt that I would need to take the car through car washes that use only spray and no brushes. Thanks for your advice.
    Redbert31 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Before this 2014 explorer, I always hand washed all my vehicles but now that I'm 66, my husband would rather not see me up on it's roof with 2 ladders and a plank of wood to wax it. So I gave in to the carwash and now that I have unlimited washes, I find myself happier at having a more frequently washed car, while preventing a bad fall into the driveway. I do miss the"therapy" that washing my own car and making it glow used to provide. So I wash his new Impala instead because he has a bad hip and having 2 unlimited programs at the carwash would be too expensive.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post

Thanks!
    I just picked up my 18 explorer sport 2 weeks ago and after my 2nd car wash, the mast has already snapped off. I find that brushless washes dont do a great job but obviously the alternative snaps antenna masts. Well, im searching the forums for alternatives. Ive seen shark fin covers and stockier masts but dont really want to spend a fortune on a replacement and dont want to sacrifice reception quality. So, the search is on.....
    Redbert31 and Kenb703 like this.

Member #
    My 2017 Explorer XLT lost the mast and entire antenna cover in the car wash. Just the naked electronics on the roof. Looking for a replacement....

Search tags for this page

2019 explorer antane

2019 ford explorer antenna

2019 ford explorer antenna in car wash

2019 ford explorer limited antenna

ford explorer limited clearance antenna
gps antenna ford explorer 2019 location
how to remove ford explorer 2019 antenna
where is the antenna located on a 2019 ford explorer
Click on a term to search for related topics.