2015 sport vibration
    Member #

2015 sport vibration

Hello! 50,000 miles. New to the car. Vibration felt in my seat/ steering wheel. Essentially everywhere. Starts at 40mph and through 80+. Wheels and tire check ok. Dealer took wheels off new explorer and swapped with mine. No difference. Dealer is scratching their heads. Thoughts???

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well if it's vibrating at speed and the wheels/tires have been eliminated I'd look at the axles.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by elyk864 View Post
    Well if it's vibrating at speed and the wheels/tires have been eliminated I'd look at the axles.
    i tend to agree. What’s so troubling is the dealer couldn’t suggest that?? Ugh! They sent a request in to a Ford “hotline”. Whatever that is.... thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrichi View Post
    i tend to agree. What’s so troubling is the dealer couldn’t suggest that?? Ugh! They sent a request in to a Ford “hotline”. Whatever that is.... thanks.
    Also bearings can cause some issues like that. Forgot to mention that, does it go away if you are on a long banking turn at speed? Sometimes that will put just enough pressure laterally for it to go away.

Member #
    The vibration / shake is consistent wether turning right or left. I notice it just before 40mph on up ....with tranny in neutral or in gear...no matter what mode.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrichi View Post
    The vibration / shake is consistent wether turning right or left. I notice it just before 40mph on up ....with tranny in neutral or in gear...no matter what mode.
    It has to be something like an axle or brakes.