First-timer in the Explorer Forum - Looking for Captain's Seats
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jdamico1122

Thread: First-timer in the Explorer Forum - Looking for Captain's Seats

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

First-timer in the Explorer Forum - Looking for Captain's Seats

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I always wanted an Explorer and finally bought a used '16 XLT in BronzeFire. Aside from the minor quirks, I love it. The only thing I need to change is, the second-row seats. I'm expecting my 3rd child and need some easy access between the 2nd and 3rd rows. I've heard success stories, swapping the bench for the captain's chairs.

Is there anyone out there looking for a bench seat that wants to swap for some captain's chairs?
    Redbert31 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have a 2014 with second row bench like you have. Let me know if you're successful in switching...I have 4 grandchildren (2 travel each time we babysit) and they take up the whole big explorer with their seats. I've often wished I had gotten the 2 ND row as Captain's chairs too. Welcome to the explorer forum and enjoy your '16.. congrats on your upcoming new baby .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Hello, I have 2014 captain chairs and want the 40/60 bench. What color seats do you have? And where are you located?

Mine are black leather, I am in Alaska, and my seat belts have the airbags so that might be another thing to consider...