Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Member #
    Hi, I am Steve, and I just purchased a 2018 Explorer Sport. I had been driving a GMC Acadia 2008 for the last 11 years, and the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I had a 2000 Explorer XLT before the Acadia, and one of the best vehicles I have ever had. So, I the Acadia was getting old, and I needed a new vehicle, and decided to go back to Ford. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

Junior Member dspsdon@gmail.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Hi my name is Don K7LHR I am a Ham Radio Operator and a life long Ford Owner. I retired from UPRR as a Locomotive Engineer (37 years). I did not want a car payment so I found a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport 4wd for 900.00 Bad motor. I have put over 3000.00 in it and mostly except for some small things it is a good vehicle. It is silver and black. No rust a few small dents on upper right hatch back. Not going to paint until I fix everything. The vehicle sat outside for over a year before I purchased so I have some problems from that. I have a question. The vehicles suspension parts are all in good condition. However there is no way to grease any of them. The vehicle squeaks and groans when I go over a bump. I have tried spraying silicone and white lithium grease on the moving parts but it only works For 2-3 days and then the squeaks and groans are back. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you Don

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Robert checking in from Jacksonville, Florida. Bought new 2018 Ford Explorer Sport in "Burgandy Velvet" 401A package, double moonroof, split bench 2nd row seating, 500-watt sound system. Added step rails, wind visors, tint, explorer sport rubber mats and cargo tray. Installed divider for our 70-pound American Bulldog for the back to become his comfortable area. He loves it.

Previous ride was a 2004 Volvo S60R in passion red, owned since new, tuned and most of the bolt-on performance parts. Side-swiped by hit-and-run driver at night, and insurance totaled it. Also had a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport Black Edition for about a year, but sold it due to travel. Loved it so much, that's why I came back in 2018 for a new one!
    Panther245 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FordExplorer.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    I'm Dennis and have purchased a 2018 Explorer Sport.
    I am puzzled as to why there are so many different antenna configurations for the roof mounted antenna. Mine has a shark fin style with a stinger attachment, but I have seen other models with a shark fin that has no stinger. What's the difference?

Member #
    Hello, I'm Jeff.
    Had my 2017 Ford Explorer Sport since new after trading in a 2004 Ford F-150 FX4.
    4400 miles on it and on second oil change. Apparently the "Check Engine Oil Soon" light comes on after X amount of time, not mileage.
    Researching led me here.

Member #

New to the fold

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Robert checking in from Jacksonville, Florida. Bought new 2018 Ford Explorer Sport in "Burgandy Velvet" 401A package, double moonroof, split bench 2nd row seating, 500-watt sound system. Added step rails, wind visors, tint, explorer sport rubber mats and cargo tray. Installed divider for our 70-pound American Bulldog for the back to become his comfortable area. He loves it.

Previous ride was a 2004 Volvo S60R in passion red, owned since new, tuned and most of the bolt-on performance parts. Side-swiped by hit-and-run driver at night, and insurance totaled it. Also had a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport Black Edition for about a year, but sold it due to travel. Loved it so much, that's why I came back in 2018 for a new one!
    Also Robert in Jacksonville, FL (Fernandina Beach). I recently bought my 2018 Sport in White Platinum. Love it. My previous vehicle was a 2011 Fusion Sport. So far I love everything about this Explorer, except fuel mileage…. oh well!!! Can't wait to see what kind of goodies can be found here!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234