Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters i have an 03 Mercury Mountaineer with the 4.6 2v, its a AWD model but i have it running as a RWD and have it lowered a bit. I have MSD coils on it and NGK IR plugs a 75 mm throttle and matching plenum full intake tubing with a K&N filter with ducting bringing in cold air to the air box from the the bumper to the OEM air box. After intake installing the ducting to bring in cold air i started getting idle surging dying at idle and no middle range power with no check engine light. I replaced the the MAF, IAC, and TPS readjusted the throttle plate two different ways, and i smoked tested the engine twice once cold once hot and its sealed good no vacuum leaks. Problem got milder but never went away, then i saw that mustang boys with the same motor say that going to a bigger injector is the way to go now and even seen some do just a step up without a tune. So i went and got a set from an 09 explorer the 21 lbs purple injectors installed no leaks. Now i have and extremely rich condition at idle shit tones of middle range power and lean conditions above 4.5k rpms or more than 65% throttle. Iv seen that the 09 explorer pump makes 40 psi and a 26 flow rate while mine is at 65 psi and 21 for flow. Do i need the 09 pump will it go in my tank or do i have to use the whole tank from an 09, or is my issue elsewhere? Thank you for your help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts