Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have been digging around a bit to find some answers and I just don't know enough to find exactly what I am looking for.
We have a 2012 Explorer XLT and just got it about 9 mos ago. The Sync system needs an update bad I am assuming. The response time from touching an option on the screen to when it actually goes there is waaaaay to slow. It won't connect to paired phones a lot of times and will even send a distorted sound through the front right speaker.
When I look to update it, it tells me to call a number. So I have a few questions.
1. How can I tell what version of Sync I have?
2. How do I get the update?
3. I assume there is a cost for this?
4. How do I know what Sync version I need?
Thank you in advance!

· Registered
6 Posts
Jdfet,

i also recently purchased a 2012 Explorer though I and have not attempted to pair my phone to the radio (My Ford Touch). When you refer to a sync upgrade are you referring to the navigation system option or the Ford Touch. BTW, I'm new to this site and have yet to hear anything from anyone either, let alone a welcome aboard!

Good luck with your truck and I hope it gives you several years of useful life.

For what it's worth, my truck had 6 recalls since new performed by the local dealer from the seller of my truck. One of them required a SW update to the sync system. I don't know what version I have but for the limited functions I've tried so far all seem appropriately normal.

If you find a site more responsive to your needs I'd appreciate a follow up.

Thanks
SailorMike

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mike, thanks for the response.
I haven't done anything with it yet. It seems to work fine for a while then gets weird. Once in a while it won't recognize any of our phones and one time it kept the wrong time for a while.
If I figure something out I will let you know for sure.
And yeah, this place is a ghost town. Other then your response I have heard nothing since last September! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts