Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Explorer with Platinum White tri-coat is "bubbling" on the leading edge of the hood. Has anyone else experienced this? The dealer says Ford won't do anything about it unless the fiberglass hood rots through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 is "metallic Ginger ale green" and has bubbling on the hood edge also. I am beginning to notice on other areas. Read that that is more common because of painting on aluminum parts of the car? Frustrating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2013 Explorer with Platinum White tri-coat is "bubbling" on the leading edge of the hood. Has anyone else experienced this? The dealer says Ford won't do anything about it unless the fiberglass hood rots through.
Yes it is a factory defect and we have to replace it even though it is a defect in the hood the dealership says I have to buy a new hood and pay to have it painted about $2,000.00 total. There was a class action lawsuit but it got thrown out. I only have 45,000 miles on my 2013 Explorer but they will only cover it under warranty I wish I would have known this was an ongoing issue for years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts