Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time posting. In the last week when I am accerating from 21 to 45 MPH, there is a slight vibration bumpiness/hesitation going on. Not every time but most of the time and only at those speeds. No check engine lights or any dashboard light are on? Took it to 2 transmission places and they stated to take it to a mechanic who could see if it's something with the engine misfiring or similar before they'd want to tackle the transmission or if it is the torque converter. No other issues with the car at all, no steering wheel vibration or internal parts vibrating. It just turned 96K . Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the same issue on my 2015. I had my throttle body cleaned and that took care of the issue at very low speed but I still notice it at higher acceleration. I thought it was maybe the fuel filter but my mechanic told me that was inside the tank. I started to think maybe spark plugs? But just today transmission entered my mind. No real loss in power and I'm not really sure if a passenger would notice because I drive alone most of the time. But I definitely feel it in my gas pedal and seat. I started noticing this at about 50k. I'm now at about 72k. Keep us posted and I will do as well if I have any ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts