Ford Explorer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got the chance to get my Explorer on a lift to change the oil myself for a change and I noticed that the air scoop/shield was missing. I believe that the last place I got my oil changed removed the scoop and never put it back on, unfortunately that was a while ago and I can not prove it now.

Anyhow, I was able to order part #FB5Z-7810494-A as everywhere I looked, that was the part # indicated for my Model year. So when the part arrived, I was excited to get it back on before Texas summer starts. Sadly, when I tried to mount it on my Explorer....it did not fit and upon examination, it had the part # FB53 10494 AA 1490. The front two thumb screws lined up but the rear one did not....not even close and it does not look like it would fit without heavy modification. I emailed the dealership that sent me the part and they claim it is the same part. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently got the chance to get my Explorer on a lift to change the oil myself for a change and I noticed that the air scoop/shield was missing. I believe that the last place I got my oil changed removed the scoop and never put it back on, unfortunately that was a while ago and I can not prove it now.

Anyhow, I was able to order part #FB5Z-7810494-A as everywhere I looked, that was the part # indicated for my Model year. So when the part arrived, I was excited to get it back on before Texas summer starts. Sadly, when I tried to mount it on my Explorer....it did not fit and upon examination, it had the part # FB53 10494 AA 1490. The front two thumb screws lined up but the rear one did not....not even close and it does not look like it would fit without heavy modification. I emailed the dealership that sent me the part and they claim it is the same part. Am I missing something here?
Probably missing something. The rear one on mine I always have a hard time with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts