Ford Explorer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 Ford Explorer XLT at the end of Jan. 2016 from a Ford dealer. It had less thatn 13,000 miles on it. Two weeks after i bought it. i brought it back to the dealer. while the radio was on, it would randomly flip to CD mode and then flip back to radio all in the span of 5-6 seconds. They thought they had remedied the issue, but none the less it was back in the shop in about a month. The idenitified it may be the clock spring, but made some cleaing to it and gave it back to me. the radio seemed to work fine. However, random things began to happen. the sunroof would sometimes open when you started the car. I thought my wife was crazy, but it happend to both her and my son at elast four times. I took it back to the dealer about a month ago and they could not find any problems. I contended that the car has an electrical issue and my wife does not feel confident driving it. since my last visit a month ago, the radio began to acct up againg. i took it back to the same dealer. the finlaly replaced the clock spring. i got the car back yesterday. Today the radio continued to flip to CD and back to radio.

I am at wits end with the dealership and this problem had been going on since i bought the car some 15 months ago. im not sure as to my next steps other than for them to buy the car back from me.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 2016 Ford Explorer XLT at the end of Jan. 2016 from a Ford dealer. It had less thatn 13,000 miles on it. Two weeks after i bought it. i brought it back to the dealer. while the radio was on, it would randomly flip to CD mode and then flip back to radio all in the span of 5-6 seconds. They thought they had remedied the issue, but none the less it was back in the shop in about a month. The idenitified it may be the clock spring, but made some cleaing to it and gave it back to me. the radio seemed to work fine. However, random things began to happen. the sunroof would sometimes open when you started the car. I thought my wife was crazy, but it happend to both her and my son at elast four times. I took it back to the dealer about a month ago and they could not find any problems. I contended that the car has an electrical issue and my wife does not feel confident driving it. since my last visit a month ago, the radio began to acct up againg. i took it back to the same dealer. the finlaly replaced the clock spring. i got the car back yesterday. Today the radio continued to flip to CD and back to radio.

I am at wits end with the dealership and this problem had been going on since i bought the car some 15 months ago. im not sure as to my next steps other than for them to buy the car back from me.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue?
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts