Ford Explorer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport

FordUp.jpg I thought I would start a '16 Sport Forum. I hope some of the parts, exhaust and air intakes may still work with previous generations of parts but not to sure about the exhaust since the 16s have integrated exhaust tips. While looking cool I doubt the magna flow and the like will not work. Here is the pic of my new ride. Got it 7/3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the black color. Looks great with those wheels. Let me know if you find any current performance items such as exhaust or air intake for the 2016s. Also what octane are you using. I just filled up for the first time today and I put in 93. Got about 320 miles on the last tank and it took 16 gallons to file up. I think we have an 18.6 gallon tank.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put mid grade in mine, but I've been driving like an idiot drunk with power. So I don't have any decent mpg data to provide. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I edited my exhaust, MagnaFlo Resonator and Mufflers
K&N CAI
Looking for a tune to upload

I'll get the pictures from my phone, they don't am to want to load from my tablet

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's mine. How did you like the performance from you KGN CAI? Could you post the info? I've been looking at getting one of Amazon.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done cold air intake, k&n. Makes a huge difference for blow off valve sound. Although I'm putting an after market BOV as soon as it comes in. Also took out the resignator and did straight pipe, taking out the 2 mufflers in the rear. I put a diablo performance chip in. That's the largest difference I've seen and would recommend to all. Well worth the 400/500 bucks

Ready for my next upgrade. What have you guys done?

·
Registered
28 Posts
All I've done is the diablosport tune (91 octane) and a K&N air filter (not the CAI). WOW, what a difference though!
At some point, I'm gonna want to re-do the exhaust. But I don't know which one sounds better: the Borla or MagnaFlow?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done the diablo. Well worth every penny spent!! If you enjoy the pssst noise from the turbo you can vent to atmosphere. Very easy and cheap to do and makes it so much louder.
If you want a mean loud sounding exhaust, take out the resignator and the 2 mufflers at the rear.
Because you are just removing and putting straight pipe it's cheap and sounds great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually, I don't want much in terms of sound. I don't mind if it gets loud when I floor it, but I'd much rather have it purr at idle...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I just purchased a 2016 in ebony black a couple of days ago and I'm waiting to pick it up Thursday. I just traded in a Subaru Impreza WRX STI so I'm all about the turbo. Reading your posts are getting me more and more excited about my purchase. If there's anything in particular regarding potential problems I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have issues with tire wear? My 2016 Explorer Sport is a few months over 1 yr old with about 12k miles and i have 2 of 4 tires with significant wear on the outer edge. Not alignment, it tracks fine. I can appreciate front tires wearing from taking turns too quick but mine need to be replaced at this point with only 12k miles. My neighbor has one as well and he also has tire wear issues. Curious if anyone else is having issues. Also curious if anyone has put different tires on theirs, and if so, which ones??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone have issues with tire wear? My 2016 Explorer Sport is a few months over 1 yr old with about 12k miles and i have 2 of 4 tires with significant wear on the outer edge. Not alignment, it tracks fine. I can appreciate front tires wearing from taking turns too quick but mine need to be replaced at this point with only 12k miles. My neighbor has one as well and he also has tire wear issues. Curious if anyone else is having issues. Also curious if anyone has put different tires on theirs, and if so, which ones??
Yes I replaced mine after 20k. Got nitto terra grapplers from discount tire. They've been great and I like the more rugged look compared to a radial. No difference in mpg, but there is little more road noise. Not had at all though. I love them, and have put 20k on the with little wear showing. 65k mile warranty.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes I replaced mine after 20k. Got nitto terra grapplers from discount tire. They've been great and I like the more rugged look compared to a radial. No difference in mpg, but there is little more road noise. Not had at all though. I love them, and have put 20k on the with little wear showing. 65k mile warranty.

Good look.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts