Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been dealing with a water issue with my 2017 Explorer. Water from rain is entering the front passenger area. It is trickling in from the front ride side of the passenger compartment. I was able to observe this by pulling back carpet. I have checked and cleared the two rubber boot drains in the front cowling which did not solve issue. Anyone have any familiarity with this issue?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you have the panorama window in the roof? My 2011 Acadia had the same issue and it was coming in from the panorama window, running down the frame and dripping on the passenger side floor. It's a long shot I know.
I had a first year Saturn that leaked from a seam in the firewall. Both were production defects.
A good automotive glass shop should have someone who is good at leak detection. I would call around to independent shops not national chains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't think its from panorama roof as drains have been checked and water tested. Been able to pull back front carpet and lining from fire wall so I should be able to get a good sense where its coming from with a good rain event coming Monday. Thanks for input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2003 Sport Trac with the power moonroof. From brand new, there was the suspicion of a leak around the driver side floor mat, which got much worse as the years went by. Convinced that it was a windshield leak, the front windshield was replaced, possibly more than once, with no luck. The headliner would actually pond during rain,and water would leak down the inside of the front window. After some time studying how the moonroof worked, I discovered one of two front of roof window drain hoses was simply not attached to the roof window drain on one side of the moonroof. Once securely reconnected, problem solved forever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts