Ford Explorer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am getting a company car, 2018 Ford Explorer, base edition. I am trying to find out how to remove the 2nd row seats. Is it easy? Can it be done? This vehicle doesnt have 3rd row seats, so all I need to know is how to remove the 2nd row seats. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello all,

I am getting a company car, 2018 Ford Explorer, base edition. I am trying to find out how to remove the 2nd row seats. Is it easy? Can it be done? This vehicle doesnt have 3rd row seats, so all I need to know is how to remove the 2nd row seats. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I am assuming you have the bench seats. You can remove them but it may be best with two people. The seats should be bolted to the floor, so just unbolt them. Im fairly certain you would have to fold then down to remove sideways. Remember to undo any electrical connections ( heated or cooled seats, sensors, etc and if equipped).

Just curious:
You did not say you were replacing with other seats ( bucket seats). Are you just removing? The bench seats should fold flat for easy loading and unloading.

I have the bucket seats with glove compartment base in the second row on my 2018 Platinum. They fold flat as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming you have the bench seats. You can remove them but it may be best with two people. The seats should be bolted to the floor, so just unbolt them. Im fairly certain you would have to fold then down to remove sideways. Remember to undo any electrical connections ( heated or cooled seats, sensors, etc and if equipped).

Just curious:
You did not say you were replacing with other seats ( bucket seats). Are you just removing? The bench seats should fold flat for easy loading and unloading.

I have the bucket seats with glove compartment base in the second row on my 2018 Platinum. They fold flat as well.

Im not sure what the 2nd row seats are, but i will be removing them. I hold a lot of equipment in my vehicle for work and think i will need the room. I have a Toyota Sienna now and it has a ton of room that is basically filled, so going down in size i am sure that i will need the room. Thanks for the help, i hope it is that easy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im not sure what the 2nd row seats are, but i will be removing them. I hold a lot of equipment in my vehicle for work and think i will need the room. I have a Toyota Sienna now and it has a ton of room that is basically filled, so going down in size i am sure that i will need the room. Thanks for the help, i hope it is that easy.
Te bench seats are standard. The buckets are optional. I guess removing the seats will give you more depth.

It should not be too hard. Also, you could pull them through the back opening I suppose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts