Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy with the 2018 Explorer but I thought the all white body was bit much. So after getting quotes for both painting and wrapping the roof, I went ahead with the wrap alternative, using glossy black (Avery). It was much less expensive and it is reversible. I plan a proper photo shoot later, but here is an iPhone image from our garage:

It was done by a local shop called "The Dip Doctor".

Jacob

· Registered
2016 Explorer Platinum 3.5L, Black on Black, TwinTurbo, 73K mi. Other car: Tesla 2014 Model S 85.
26 Posts
Kudos, really nice results !

(y)

· Registered
1 Posts
How much did you pay for this?

I had this done to my wife's 14 explorer a few years ago and the top bubbled and all peeled to shit. Supposedly, you're supposed to wash and maintain wrap biweekly or something, which we definitely did not do. I think the workmanship was probably subpar from the guy I had do it as well. I got a steal (i think) when I had it put on, but the guy didn't do a great job, and I made him redo some of it. He also way underbid.

I'm trying to get someone to remove it for me, I don't have time to mess with it. I was told by my detail guy $100/hr and he'd throw a 2-3 guys on it, hopefully knock out in 1-2 hrs, just to remove it. So, I'm curious what others are charging for this job, before I decide if I want to have it re-wrapped the same or just leave it all removed.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.