Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm Chris new to the group ! Just purchased my 1st brand new car off the lot at age 36 lol . Well its a 2021 Ford explorer I joined this group to find new stuff out and ask questions.

When my car is accelerating slow it makes a weird kind clicking sound ? I was told its normal and is to make sound so people can hear me . Is this true? Does others do this in there 2021 ?

Also its makes like a whining noise when accelerating? Is this normal.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sound is to alert people while backing up when running on battery only....Clicking could be engine starting when accelerating.
While it does have some annoying sounds it's grows on you I owned a 2018,2020 and dumped them both the 2020 with that POS 2.3 10 speed and auto stop was too much.
I have 4000 miles on 2021 limited AWD hybrid and love it. I did have trans pump cable in trans go bad which caused a jerking motion while stopped with foot on brake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm Geoff, also new to the group. I purchased a 2021 Explorer Limited AWD in Aug '21 (3.3L hybrid powertrain). Nov '21 (@1500 miles), check engine code says "engine misfire". Teardown analysis showed BOTH head gaskets allowed coolant to leak into cylinders (blown gaskets). Root cause of failure was defective engine block due to head surface machining. Long block replacement in Jan '22 (engine shortage due to ?), which is a huge job. (Engine comes out thru bottom of car, so all front end, some frame components, transmission, exhaust system were removed.) Just got it back 1/28/22. Now 1900 miles, 200 on new engine. Ford has agreed to a 7 yr/100K mile powertrain warranty as a "goodwill gesture". So far, so good... car seems the same as before. Anyone else gone thru this? I understand not exactly unheard of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.