Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under both driver and front passenger seats look unfinished, sloppy. There are carpet pieces that do not match up, duct work exposed. Is this normal? Two Ford dealerships have confirmed that this is what all the models look like now and both agree looks like poor workmanship. Rather disappointing from a brand new car.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Font

· Registered
1 Posts
Me too. I was extremely disappointed after "exploring" the crappy workmanship in my 2022 XLT after I drove it home and did a deep dive. This and other disappointments ( no provision for a rear cargo privacy roller shade, to name one) are causing me to really consider selling my 5 1/2 month-old Explorer and buying another make of vehicle.

· Registered
57 Posts
I do not understand. Are you inviting guests/passengers to stick their head in your footwell and admire the finish under your seats? If not, I see no reason why areas that might eventually need serviced in the future, should be any harder to get to, as long as under what you see, there is still the sound deadening pad to reduce road noise which there probably is.

I would be more disappointed if I was paying for fancy coverings that add weight and expense, to areas nobody ever sees. This is assuming the picture was a view from the front, or if the rear only if someone has their head near the floor instead of seated in the seat normally.

Just sayin', I don't see the point. You've had it for months and had the opportunity to look them over before purchase and bought one.

If it is not to your liking, why did you buy it? Another make of vehicle is certainly an option, as they all have trade-offs including price for what you get.

If you want to sell it, I'm sure someone will be happy to buy it. Better now than waiting, because the covid era is still causing used vehicle prices to remain artificially high but that won't last forever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts