Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just bought a high mileage 2002 XLT 4x4 and need help desperately. After I start the car, a minute or two later it will beep 5 times, pause and do these 5 beeps five times in a row, then stop for a half hour or so and do it again. The sound seems to be coming from the drivers side of the dash. No dashboard lights are on at all, none ever blink, I have NO idea why it's doing this. What is it and how do i make it stop?!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! Just bought a high mileage 2002 XLT 4x4 and need help desperately. After I start the car, a minute or two later it will beep 5 times, pause and do these 5 beeps five times in a row, then stop for a half hour or so and do it again. The sound seems to be coming from the drivers side of the dash. No dashboard lights are on at all, none ever blink, I have NO idea why it's doing this. What is it and how do i make it stop?!

Try use an OBD II and check codes at start up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, apparently this is an obnoxious warning that the airbag dashboard light is burned out, now I get to take the whole thing apart to replace a little LED just to stop this torture!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts