Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2014 Explorer and we love the vehicle. The dealership that we bought it from had replaced all of the brake rotors on it. The problem is that on the front, they put the wrong size on it (325 mm v/s the 352 mm) I replaced those along with the brake pads. I have driven it about 3000 miles and the rotors have grooves in them already causing a pulsation when I brake. I am planning on taking them back to NAPA but in the meantime I am going to replace them with new ones and replace the pads.

However some of the parts sites say that my rear rotors have to be vented as well as the front (I know that the front ones are already vented) but I have never heard of both the front and rear having to be vented. Is this true? The current rear rotors are ok but they are not vented. I just want to make sure that I have the correct rotors all the way around. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Ford Explorer with HD 352mm front rotors that are vented. My rear rotors are not vented around the hub and are 345mm. The front is vented around the hub as opposed to the rears that are vented between the friction area where the pads meet the rotor (as opposed to solid rear rotor).

Your 2014 and my 2013 share the same rotors. I believe heavy duty rotors and our particular part is shared on several models from 2013 to 2019.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts