Ford Explorer Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found about 6 small areas on front edge of my 2017 explorer with bubbling paint. Took it to the dealership and I guess it’s a known issue. Dealership called back and said Ford was going to replace the hood. No idea how long the replacement hood is going to take to come in though....

Here’s the kicker. Dealership said Ford is sending a black unpainted hood and the dealership will have to paint it....this doesn’t seem right to me. No way can a dealership get the same factory paint quality right? To me ford should be sending a factory painted hood. Am I wrong?
I have a 2017 Ford Explorer with bubbling paint on the hood. I was scheduled to take it to the dealer to have it checked out.... dealer called 15 minutes before appointment and said I would get a new hood but they were backed up and it would take a few months. I am to call dealer back at end of May or early June.
Found about 6 small areas on front edge of my 2017 explorer with bubbling paint. Took it to the dealership and I guess it’s a known issue. Dealership called back and said Ford was going to replace the hood. No idea how long the replacement hood is going to take to come in though....

Here’s the kicker. Dealership said Ford is sending a black unpainted hood and the dealership will have to paint it....this doesn’t seem right to me. No way can a dealership get the same factory paint quality right? To me ford should be sending a factory painted hood. Am I wrong?
I have a 2017 Ford Explorer with bubbling paint on the hood. Was scheduled to take it in and dealer called and said Ford will send a new hood....told me it will take a few months because they have a backlog on orders... I am to cake back end of May beginning of June

21 - 21 of 21 Posts