Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '18 regular V6. Do they have any tuner programmers for these or do they only make them for Ecoboost?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have an '18 regular V6. Do they have any tuner programmers for these or do they only make them for Ecoboost?
Five Star Tuning and
Livernois Motorsports
now has tunes for the
3.5L NA

I have the 3.7L NA and no one has
tunes yet I've heard of.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have 2013 xlt, installed CAI and SCT tuner, i wouldnt say there is no difference.. but not like its launching

it did gain better gas milege, avg 19 highway+city and 22-23 highway (even higher)
i changed transmission firmness and that seem to make acceleration better
also i have lift kit and slightly bigger tires, thats where i probably lost some original milage but with tuner i was able to program correct tire size

before tuner i used pedal commander (which i can sell), you can definatly feel difference in acceleration with it, i stopped using because i had CAI and you need tuner for it to perfrom properly, so i got tuner and no longer using pedal commander

if you have money to spend get tuner and CAI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have 2013 xlt, installed CAI and SCT tuner, i wouldnt say there is no difference.. but not like its launching

it did gain better gas milege, avg 19 highway+city and 22-23 highway (even higher)
i changed transmission firmness and that seem to make acceleration better
also i have lift kit and slightly bigger tires, thats where i probably lost some original milage but with tuner i was able to program correct tire size

before tuner i used pedal commander (which i can sell), you can definatly feel difference in acceleration with it, i stopped using because i had CAI and you need tuner for it to perfrom properly, so i got tuner and no longer using pedal commander

if you have money to spend get tuner and CAI
Which tuner did you use? The CAI pretty much does almost nothing unless the vehicle is tuned to take advantage of it. And again, it doesn't do much unless you're at WOT. The negative about the CAI is that it gets sucks in more dirt. I've used CAI's on other vehicles and once you put a good amount of miles, you can get tons of dirt in the throttle body.

I have a Cobb tuner that I had on my Mustang. I got rid of the Mustang. Can that be re-programmed to work for the Explorer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts