Ford Explorer Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just ordered the obd connector. I want to get rid of the 2 honk horn and apply fog lamp cornering. So once I get the connector, just download the software on my laptop right?
Well, kinda. You'll need the license. Since the ForScan staff are providing useful stuff, I buy at least a one-year license. It's well worth $10 for the benefit of doing what Ford can do but won't.Do some homework! Study the spread sheets so you'll know what you're looking at.

Be sure what you're going to change, make a backup of the car before you make ANY changes. Write down your changes, both what's there when you access the module and after the change in case you have to undo a boo-boo.

Changes have gotten much easier since I first began poking around in my Mustang. There are fewer hexadecimal entries now. It's more plain language. Not trying to discourage you - just take your time and make sure where you are in the program.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks I appreciate it.... yeah $10 bucks in nothing....
Good advice from Mike. Also know when I first tried ForScan, I used the free trial (I believe it was for 2 or 3 days), watched a couple of YouTube videos to get the hang of it and attempted it on EcoHell. I later paid for the 1 year, and just recently paid for the 3 year plan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Grrrrr! The SCCM does not contain the lane change mods. The default entry is "AC09-4F05-295F". Just for giggles I changed the first "F" to "A". No luck, still three flashes, so I changed it back. The default should be 2nd digit, 2nd group as "6". Where the heck did Ford move this setting? BTW, there is no plain language section in the SCCM module, just the "As-built" config.

* EDIT *
There is a plain language section. Don't know if I missed it or the firmware upgrade I did on the OBX cable brought it in. That update seems to have fixed the device spontaneously turning loose of the car and telling me "no connection".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I changed it in the As-built configuration. Tomorrow, I can go back in it and take pictures of it, if you would like.

I use the following website to make all of my Forscan mods..

Click here

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, please. I appreciate it. I looked at that spreadsheet. All I saw was the reference to the SCCM, but no specific info as to which digit to change. The default string doesn't have the expected "6" as digit 2 in the second group.

Here's what's in the default string. This is from the Ford as-built profile. It matches what's in 724-01-01 on my Explorer.

DATA><DATA LABEL="724-01-01"><CODE>AC09</CODE><CODE>4F05</CODE><CODE>295F</CODE><

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sorry for the delay... I saw that you posted in the ForScan forum as well. I see that you have a 2020, so more and likely Ford made some programming changes.. The ForScan mods shows it is for a 16 - 19MY.

The first line you can see where I changed it to an "A" in the 6th location.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts