Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m hearing this front end noise while turning right at slow or no speed. I have a video of the noise but can’t figure out how to post it. It’s hard to describe but is a clicking noise similar to a squeaky ship or old wood floors. I know... it’s weird, just the first thing that pops in my head.

It appears that the drivers side rear lower control arm is leaking but I can’t imagine that would make this noise. I can’t tell if it’s strut noise or rack. Any thoughts? Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

*Edit* To answer the question, 2016 Limited AWD bought certified used in August but already put 28k on it so out of warranty. Currently has 78k on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m hearing this front end noise while turning right at slow or no speed. I have a video of the noise but can’t figure out how to post it. It’s hard to describe but is a clicking noise similar to a squeaky ship or old wood floors. I know... it’s weird, just the first thing that pops in my head.

It appears that the drivers side rear lower control arm is leaking but I can’t imagine that would make this noise. I can’t tell if it’s strut noise or rack. Any thoughts? View attachment 869

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most likely your struts need replacement easy job typically specially if you go for coil over upgrade
Easiest way to upload a video is facebook post or YouTube

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is making the same sound but never seems to do it when I take to dealer. Would live to know what the cause is

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is the color of the fluid dripping off the control arm bushing.
Get a white paper towel and test the drip on it.
IMO it appears to be dark red.

What could be dripping the same color fluid directly above that location?

So if you have the vehicle up on a floor jack, and jack stand, can you have someone
run the steering through range of motion to the right and reproduce the noise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you can hear it inside the cabin while driving, it should
be quite significant under there during inspection.

As to the fluid, transmission fluid is red and power steering
is electric motor assist now on these but not sure about the
gear case lubricant ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts