Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Here is an odd one to me. My parking lights, puddle and dash light all go on and stay one as long as the battery is hooked up.

Also my horns don’t work and even the alarm going off does not sound them, I can tell the alarm is going off because I can hear its relay clicking and the parking lights dim in time to the relay.

The odd thing is they were working and were sounding off with the alarm when I first got the truck…now no horns at all.

What is happening??

Rich

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did you take the lights setting off of Auto? Also the horn thing could be unrelated, like a bad fuse. But if it is all related look into something chewing on the wiring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you take the lights setting off of Auto? Also the horn thing could be unrelated, like a bad fuse. But if it is all related look into something chewing on the wiring.
I am not sure how to take it out of auto.

The headlights are not on and I have made sure NOT to turn the headlight switch to the left, that was my only understanding of any automatic light control.

Rich

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had the same issue with my 2016. Noby knew what caused it not even the dealer. It eventually stopped without sorting out the issue

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE I at last found it, started pulling fuses under the hood.

When I pulled the Trailer lights fuse it stopped.

Seems the last owner had wired his own trailer lighting, which was causing the partial short and turning on all these lights draining the battery.

As I have NO plans to ever two with this small truck leaving that fuse out is causing no problem.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts