Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a 2015 Explorer. It is loaded with every option I can conceive. Has the V-6 Turbo engine. Was used as a Uber car, spent a lot of time idling, AC running. Has 86K miles. Seems to drive very nice. Owner had put black tape over air bag warning light, it stays on. Has been in 5 fender-benders, once inexpertly fixed. I need to know of chronic problems with these cars other than what I have described. Also, what sort of gas mileage could I expect? I don't expect it to be an economy car, but...
The owner just died, the bank is going to get it. I think I can maybe buy it cheap from the bank, but I want to know a little about these cars in general. Thanks, Folks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
What is the trim level...guessing Sport or Platinum??

The Ecoboost 3.5 Turbo motors have been pretty solid. City about 18mpg, highway about 22 mpg. If trailering expect reduced mpg. I have a ‘18 Platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
What is the trim level...guessing Sport or Platinum??

The Ecoboost 3.5 Turbo motors have been pretty solid. City about 18mpg, highway about 22 mpg. If trailering expect reduced mpg. I have a ‘18 Platinum.

The more I think about it, I think Platinums appeared in 2016. Guessing Sport or Limited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts