Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an old hot rodder, drag racer, and SCCA racer and just bought a 2021 Explorer.
I'll be posting questions about lowering it, adding a Borla exhaust system and eventually trying to find a company that will make a plug-n-play oil separator for it. I'm heading towards the other side of 75 and still feel I need to personalize the Explorer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome aboard. I miss my SCCA days. Lotsa trophies in the cabinet and fond memories. I'll be 70 in a couple of months. Making the Explorer much different just isn't in the plan.

From what I've listened to, no after-market exhaust makes the sounds I like, so I'm staying with the stock exhaust. My Mustang EB has a nice-sounding growl, but it cost a bunch of $$ to get there. Not really interested in doing that with the Explorer. It got a Steeda RSB. That's probably all I'll do performance-wise (famous last words?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
I didn't get my SCCA National License until 2006 and had a lot of fun with all the young kids in Spec Miata at the tracks in California. I had my NHRA Class 6 license for many years when racing my Maverick door slammer, and really loved the 1/4 mile, just two different adrenaline levels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm an old hot rodder, drag racer, and SCCA racer and just bought a 2021 Explorer.
I'll be posting questions about lowering it, adding a Borla exhaust system and eventually trying to find a company that will make a plug-n-play oil separator for it. I'm heading towards the other side of 75 and still feel I need to personalize the Explorer. View attachment 1158
I'll be posting questions about lowering it, adding a Borla exhaust system and eventually trying to find a company that will make a plug-n-play oil separator for it. I'm heading towards the other side of 75 and still feel I need to personalize the Explorer. View attachment 1158
Nice Looking Ride!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts