Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you don't know the master code, this will save you paying the dealer to find it for you without accessing the rap module to get the code.

Same procedure whether keyed or push button.
Push Start Button (Dont start it)
1 Have both keys available
2 place one key in the slot at the front inside center console
3 Press start lto turn on ignition and leave on for 4 seconds (Don't start engine)
4 Press the start button again to turn off ignition
5 Insert second key in same slot
6 Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.
Master code is displayed in cluster.

Same if you have a key, turn key to ignition.
Gord

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
3 Press start leave on for 4 seconds (Don't start engine)
How will you do that without starting the engine?
4 Turn off ignition
How do you turn ignition off if it was never started?
Press the start button, which turns on the ignition. Wait for 4 seconds then press start again to turns off ignition.
Repeat with other key fob or key...

Pressing the start button, turns on ignition and powers up the car, the same as turning the ignition key to the ign or first position.
Pressing the start button again turns off the ignition, same as turning to key back to removal position.
If you start it, it won't work.
Gord

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It worked fine for me. Before you turn on the ignition without starting the car are you putting the fob in the slot inside the center console. Maybe try it making sure the buttons face forward.
The code is also written on the rap model. Not sure where it's located but under the dash somewhere.

Car off, key in slot inside the center console at the front
Press button to just turn on ignition light
Leave on for at least 4 seconds
Press button to turn off ignition light
Insert 2nd fob in same slot
Press button
Leave on for 4 seconds

Code should be shown in display on cluster info screen. DON'T TURN IGNITION OFF WHEN 2ND FOB IS IN SLOT. If you do it's out of program mode.

Maybe make sure each fob is away from the center console area when treading the gobs.

Friend it on my wife's mustang this morning and it worked on that too. Took 3 minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you don't know the master code, this will save you paying the dealer to find it for you without accessing the rap module to get the code.

3 Press start lto turn on ignition and leave on for 4 seconds (Don't start engine)

Gord

Did not work for me on my 2020, can you post a video?

Gord
Did not work, can you post a video showing how you do this?

·
Super Moderator
152 Posts
The owner's manual of mine had a card in it, showing the factory code. Some folks never crack the book - is it still in the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Press the start button, which turns on the ignition. Wait for 4 seconds then press start again to turns off ignition.
Repeat with other key fob or key...

Pressing the start button, turns on ignition and powers up the car, the same as turning the ignition key to the ign or first position.
Pressing the start button again turns off the ignition, same as turning to key back to removal position.
If you start it, it won't work.
Gord
I have a 2011 Limited edition ford explorer. I have tried this as well and it did not work, there's a few Questions i'd like to ask:
  • pressing the ignition once without cranking the engine does not turn on the accessory, i'd have to do it twice and pressing it the 3rd time does not turn off the power unless i open the door
  • when you put the key in the center console, does it have to face any specific way? like maybe the buttons facing the back or the front? or how about the length of it? does the smaller side (or the tip) points up or down? Please advice if you can

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 Limited edition ford explorer. I have tried this as well and it did not work, there's a few Questions i'd like to ask:
  • pressing the ignition once without cranking the engine does not turn on the accessory, i'd have to do it twice and pressing it the 3rd time does not turn off the power unless i open the door
  • when you put the key in the center console, does it have to face any specific way? like maybe the buttons facing the back or the front? or how about the length of it? does the smaller side (or the tip) points up or down? Please advice if you can
see pictures attached. the 1st press just shows press brake to start engine, it does not turn on the radio or any accessories, the 2nd press DOES turn on the accessories, the 32rd press turns off the accessories but does not turn off the cluster lights. so I am not sure what you meant by turn it off. by turn it off did you mean as long as the accessory is off? or the cluster lights have to be off? because the cluster lights won't turn off until i open the door.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.