Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 explorer with 160,000 miles and it runs fantastic, but i have read on many posts that the temp gauge should be in the middle. And mine is under that doesnt go up that high on the gauge. How can i tell for sure if its running cold? Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OBD scanner. You can see exact temp. 190-200 is good. Middle of guage is about 192.

Sent from my LG-V35ThinQ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the engine coolant temperature gauge if its within the normal band range but mine is on the lower side of the normal. I just wanted to know if this is ok? I dont know i wish there was a way to get an exact temp reading.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have your thermostat checked. An older car/truck sometimes has the thermo get clogged and won't read temp correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 95 explorer with 160,000 miles and it runs fantastic, but i have read on many posts that the temp gauge should be in the middle. And mine is under that doesnt go up that high on the gauge. How can i tell for sure if its running cold? Thank you.
I use a simple coolant thermometer available at most auto parts stores for 5 bucks. You could need a new thermostat. Some people use a 170 degree thermostat in Summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts