Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a new 1996 Dodge Dakota for 18 years, I've since become a Ford guy and I had a 2012 Focus Titanium, a 2015 Focus ST, a 2015 F-150 XL Super Cab (only one that I've mentioned that I still have), and just last Thursday I traded in the ST on a 2022 Explorer Timberline. To say I'm happy with the upgrade is a huge understatement. Planning a few small projects starting with powder coating the brake calipers and brackets. Already added vent visors, def needed here in Florida during the summer.

Looking forward to many happy years!
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Plant Wheel

·
Registered
2016 Explorer Platinum 3.5L, Black on Black, TwinTurbo, 73K mi. Other car: Tesla 2014 Model S 85.
26 Posts
Looks mean and cool to me. Where did they powder coated the calipers? Ball park idea on painting the brakes?
Thanks 😊

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks mean and cool to me. Where did they powder coated the calipers? Ball park idea on painting the brakes?
Thanks 😊
I haven't had it done yet, still shopping around. My neighbor had his Tesla's calipers powder coated at a place calleda River City Powder Coating and he said it cost around $100 per caliper (including labor such as removing and reinstalling the calipers and brackets). I've since heard several friends say to stay away from River City, so that's why I'm still shopping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I have recently started playing the game. Can I play without buying a character? I heard that the game tulsa personals offers daily tasks, for the successful completion of which the gamer will receive a chest. From this chest, the player will periodically drop out temporary champions, on which he can play from 1 to 7 days. Thus, you can try all the characters, and then choose the one you like the most. Who did that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
@WaterDonkey This looks great! I bought the same one, also black (not my first choice as I live in AZ and don't need anything to add the heat inside the car). I do need to upgrade the window tint to limo-level to help with the heat reduction--it's Arizona so even if there are laws against it, no one really cares that much. I traded in my 2017 Expedition for this and am so glad I did. Despite the 4-cyl engine, I'm especially surprised at how quick it is (esp in Sport mode). Had a rental 2021 Explorer ST with the Twin Turbo V-6 and while the Timberline is not nearly as scary-fast as that was, it certainly does the trick whether from a stoplight or while on the freeway. Anyway, what I'm looking for now is a bully bar or something up front. I am off-road a lot for work, and this thing is pretty remarkable even in areas where I was questioning my judgment. Never been happier with a car whether on the road or off, and I've owned many vehicles which include the following (in chronological order, of course), '77 Cutlass Supreme, '96 Mirage, '00 Golf, '69 VW Bus, '93 525i, '05 Titan, '63 Bug, '92 Integra (while living in Japan), '10 Flex, '16 XC90, '17 Expedition, '18 RX350 ... just overall for versatility and aesthetics, I really love this new Explorer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@WaterDonkey This looks great! I bought the same one, also black (not my first choice as I live in AZ and don't need anything to add the heat inside the car). I do need to upgrade the window tint to limo-level to help with the heat reduction--it's Arizona so even if there are laws against it, no one really cares that much. I traded in my 2017 Expedition for this and am so glad I did. Despite the 4-cyl engine, I'm especially surprised at how quick it is (esp in Sport mode). Had a rental 2021 Explorer ST with the Twin Turbo V-6 and while the Timberline is not nearly as scary-fast as that was, it certainly does the trick whether from a stoplight or while on the freeway. Anyway, what I'm looking for now is a bully bar or something up front. I am off-road a lot for work, and this thing is pretty remarkable even in areas where I was questioning my judgment. Never been happier with a car whether on the road or off, and I've owned many vehicles which include the following (in chronological order, of course), '77 Cutlass Supreme, '96 Mirage, '00 Golf, '69 VW Bus, '93 525i, '05 Titan, '63 Bug, '92 Integra (while living in Japan), '10 Flex, '16 XC90, '17 Expedition, '18 RX350 ... just overall for versatility and aesthetics, I really love this new Explorer.
Mine is actually forged green, not black. Probably looks black in the picture, but it's not. I live in Florida and for the same reason as you, black is a no-go for me. This green is a bit too dark for me, heat-wise, but it was too pretty to pass up.

And yes, like you, I'm very happy with my Timberline. I keep reading articles about how the fuel economy could be better, how the steering is numb, road noise is too high, etc etc. I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe if it was electric, but I think that may be a few years off still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.