Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's my first Explorer and my fourth Ford.
2017 Limited 3.5 na with 4wd

I'm thinking about getting the H&R lowering springs, what struts should I pair them with?

And what sites do you recommend for aftermarket stuff? I'm not having much luck on Google

Attachments

Premium Member
2017 Explorer Platinum
I use steeda for most suspension parts. I went with their lowering springs along with Bilstein B6 struts snd shocks. Also look at their rear swaybar and their rear trailing arm. I also got their toe-link. They also carry the H&R lowering springs. I am currently awaiting for my lowering springs to arrive. I installed the swaybar snd trailing arms already and love it. Mine is 2017 Platinum with 3.5 ecoboost.

Premium Member
2017 Explorer Platinum
Just a few other things i have done. I installed a catch can to cut down on the amount of oil that gets sucked into the intake, and causes carbon build up on intake valves. (Common on direct-injection engines. Changed the PTU oil, and will every 20000 or so miles. Installed struts on my hood, along with a led strip for under hood lighting. Installed 91 octane tune for some xtra kick along with AFE cold air intake. Alot of discussion on the merits of CAI, but I installed anyway. I purchased a 160 degree thermostat, but haven鈥檛 installed yet. Once my suspension is complete, i will install my new drilled and slotted rotors. Looking forward to getting her finished up. She has 52000 miles on the Odometer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use steeda for most suspension parts. I went with their lowering springs along with Bilstein B6 struts snd shocks. Also look at their rear swaybar and their rear trailing arm. I also got their toe-link. They also carry the H&R lowering springs. I am currently awaiting for my lowering springs to arrive. I installed the swaybar snd trailing arms already and love it. Mine is 2017 Platinum with 3.5 ecoboost.
Thanks for the info man 馃憤 mine isn't an Ecoboost so a CAI will probably be the extent of my performance mods, but the rest is good to know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts