Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and Merry Christmas,

I recently purchased a 2012 Explorer base model 4x4 at auction with only 42K miles. It had been garage kept and all the recalls have been completed. All the maintenance paperwork was included in addition to the original window sticker.

I've bought several cars at auction but this one is by far the cleanest. The first thing I did was take it to my local Ford dealer and had the oil changed (The Works package) with a Ford coupon.

The tech said everything looked great and that I could use news tires as the ones on it were original. So I just ordered some Michelin CrossClimate2's which will be installed next week and I'm also scheduled for an alignment.

I feel like I have a new car and have been quite pleased with it so far. I've not used the full features of the radio/sync system yet but have read there are different versions of software. I previously had purchased a 2009 Explorer XLT 4.6L for my daughter and it has served her well. After some initial trouble codes everything on hers has been great after replacing the MAF sensor.

Thanks from the record cold Hoosier state and God Bless America. Mike the Sailor

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the Michelin CrossClimate2's put on and truck aligned and am very satisfied. I've read where others have lost MPG efficiency with this model tire. But for a guy driving a 08 Trailblazer (16 MPG uphill or downhill) anything over 20MPG is golden.

Happy New Year
Mike the Sailor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts