Ford Explorer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I currently own a 2013 Explorer XLT. Took my SUV in November to have an alignment done. They told me I needed a new rear suspension. Had my brother do control arms and bushings. Couldn’t find the knuckle anywhere. Got a letter in mail saying I had a recall and knuckle was covered, called dealer and they confirmed. Explorer has been at dealer since last weds, mechanic ripped it apart and now Ford says, oops, you got the letter by mistake and your vehicle isn’t included in the recall. Now I’m on the hook for the repair. Yet I sit here with the letter from Ford with MY vin on it. Tried calling customer relations over a dozen times and get no answers. Any advice? I feel like Ford should honor the recall notice I have.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If your VIN is on the letter then you should fall under the recall, the dealer also should have not done anything until they were sure it was under the recall. Something sounds fishy to be honest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your VIN is on the letter then you should fall under the recall, the dealer also should have not done anything until they were sure it was under the recall. Something sounds fishy to be honest.
Agreed! I don’t feel like I should be on the hook to pay for this! I have the letter with my VIN on it. But now Ford is saying I received the letter by mistake and due to my build date, mine is no longer part of the recall. I’ve spoken to service manager, customer relations, and general manager of dealership. I honestly don’t know who to contact next. I just want my SUV fixed!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Agreed! I don’t feel like I should be on the hook to pay for this! I have the letter with my VIN on it. But now Ford is saying I received the letter by mistake and due to my build date, mine is no longer part of the recall. I’ve spoken to service manager, customer relations, and general manager of dealership. I honestly don’t know who to contact next. I just want my SUV fixed!
I wouldn't believe anything the dealer says, I've had bad experiences with recalls on my other car and the dealer. You need to get someone from actual Ford involved, the dealers are only out for themselves. Even if there was a mixup in the VINS on the recall paperwork you shouldn't be help accountable for it. Ford for one should have known, and if was wrong they should have communicated to the dealers the correct information.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you received a letter with your VIN for the recall, you acted in accordance to the letter for safety reasons and the mistake by Ford was determined after the work began....the service work should be covered by Ford and/ the dealership.

You should threaten with a lawsuit if they balk. If they continue seeking payment, determine if obtaining a an attorney is worth the resolution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts