Ford Explorer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced peeling door panels on your Explorers. Dealer and Ford are aware of the issue. Would cost $1000 a panel to replace. As a good gesture the dealer offered to replace at $800 a panel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone experienced peeling door panels on your Explorers. Dealer and Ford are aware of the issue. Would cost $1000 a panel to replace. As a good gesture the dealer offered to replace at $800 a panel.
Yes, my driver's side door panel is starting to peel off at the top side along the window opening.:mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone is still dealing with this, it's apparently a recall item now. Took our 14 in recently for something unrelated and they replaced both the driver and passenger upper door panel free of charge. Ours had peeled up too and they glued it down last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
A lre you all referring to the the blackntrim.oiexe in the outside of the door? Asking because I noticed that piece peeling in mine today? It it confirmed that this is a recall item?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
A lre you all referring to the the blackntrim.oiexe in the outside of the door? Asking because I noticed that piece peeling in mine today? It it confirmed that this is a recall item?

No, we're talking about the interior door panel. I do know what you're talking about and I'd suggest getting it fixed before it blows off on the highway. That's been happening a lot on these but I don't know if it's a recall item. Mine is still holding but my brother has a Explorer Sport too and his just blew off last week on the interstate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, we're talking about the interior door panel. I do know what you're talking about and I'd suggest getting it fixed before it blows off on the highway. That's been happening a lot on these but I don't know if it's a recall item. Mine is still holding but my brother has a Explorer Sport too and his just blew off last week on the interstate.

Any suggestions on how to best glue it back on? Looks like they're using sow type of double sided tape and it's not the best idea

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any suggestions on how to best glue it back on? Looks like they're using sow type of double sided tape and it's not the best idea

Wish I could help but luckily I haven't had this issue myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is still dealing with this, it's apparently a recall item now. Took our 14 in recently for something unrelated and they replaced both the driver and passenger upper door panel free of charge. Ours had peeled up too and they glued it down last year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts