Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Not sure if the right place to post. Looking to get into a new explorer and everywhere we go we are seeing 2-5K markups. Is this now an accepted practice, or just a few greedy individuals? Willing to travel if needed. In Hudson valley NY

any input appreciated

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Ford is supposedly cracking down on this practice. I'm seeing it here, though.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Our dealer doesn't necessarily call it "ADM" of course - "fabric protectant", "paint sealer", that kinda thing. I'm a bit surprised they would do that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my second Explorer from Louisburg Ford in KS about 80 miles away for $50 over invoice. My local dealer (10 miles) wanted 3K over MSRP. Every other dealer in KC area was similar. Mine was an ST so I know they are a little harder to find, but my local guys didn't pay more for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had to go out of state to find a reasonable deal. We found 3-5k markups everywhere we looked specifically for the Timberline models. We were told they were in high demand and dealers liked having them on the showroom floor. The worst part is the majority of the dealers would advertise a reasonable MRSP and just apply a “Market Adjustment”, none of the paint/interior coating stuff.
Thankfully we were able to find a great price under MSRP the next state over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts