Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Explorer lift gate when attempting to close with key fob or instrument panel push button, it starts to close but before it reaches the full closed position, it returns to the full open position. Any suggestions?

· Super Moderator
153 Posts
Something blocking the latch or the opening?

· Registered
22 Posts
2015 Explorer lift gate when attempting to close with key fob or instrument panel push button, it starts to close but before it reaches the full closed position, it returns to the full open position. Any suggestions?
That's my thought as well. ANY little thing that obstructs the door will keep it from latching. Even a little mat or rug that gets into the bottom channel.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem except mine only opens half way. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the strut designated for a power lift gate compared to one for a non/powered lift gate? They look a little different and the one for non powered are much cheaper. I am thinking the wrong strut is on it

· Super Moderator
153 Posts
Does yours power-open or do you lift and lower it? Pretty sure the powered struts have worm gears to allow the lift (that's a lot of torque).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts